Government and industry leaders are coming together to discuss progress the government has made to advance open standards in interoperability, portability and security in cloud computing.
Working groups formed at the second forum held this past November will give updates on their progress. According to NIST the goals of the workshop are to present updates on:
- the NIST U.S. Government (USG) Cloud Computing Technology Roadmap,
- the NIST Standards Roadmap and the Standards Acceleration to Jumpstart the Adoption of Cloud Computing (SAJACC) process,
- progress by the NIST Cloud Computing Security working group.
Cloud computing business use cases by various government agencies will also be presented as well as the first version of a neutral cloud computing reference architecture and taxonomy.
Federal Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra and NIST Director Dr. Patrick Gallagher will keynote the event. According to the forum agenda, other keynotes and panelists are still being determined.
Panel topics include:
- Cloud Computing – Adopters’ Long-term View
- Can you ever really trust the cloud?
- Cloud Innovation: Math & Science
- Cloud Computing Standards Panel – Chicken or Egg?
- Reference Architecture
Pre-registration is required for the event. Those interested in attending can register online until 5 p.m. March 28.